Thursday, March 6, 2014

How to use coconut oil for your skin and hair! DIY skin,body and hair care!


One day, my mother in law asked me, Sharon! which brand of body lotion do you use, your skin feels so soft! I told my mother in law, mum I use the brand name called Sharon! 

I like to make DIY skincare or body cares at home. Why? The answer is its cheap and it works well like those brands one, sometimes it works better! The best part of using natural products, it doesn't harm or damage your skin or hair. 

I have been using coconut oils for my skin, hair and on my body for a long time. I used to use Purefiji body care products. They are really good and they use natural products. One of my friends gave me a coconut body scrub from Purefiji and I really loved it. 

Since I really liked the product and I wanted to get another one but I couldn't find any shops were selling this brand. One day, I looked at the ingredients of the body scrub and main ingredients they use were coconut oil and brown sugar. I was like, you know that I can make it by myself. 

So I bought a bottle of organic coconut oil from the supermarket with brown sugar and that is how I started making my own body scrub. 

Okay, let's get into more details. So how this coconut oil can be good for you? 


I got this one from my local supermarket. (It was around HKD80)



Coconut oil contains vitamin E, is rich in antioxidants and its high content of Lauric Acid help revitalize your skin to look softer and younger. Please remember to always use Organic, Raw, Extra Virgin coconut oil. 

Using coconut oil on your skin! I personally use coconut oil as a makeup cleanser. It removes all dirts and makeup on your face and it also helps to reduce size of your pores. 

Since the weather in Hong Kong is pretty cool, as you can see from the above pictures, the coconut oil in the bottle has became hard. 

Just scoop on the spoon and once you rub it, it will melt like below.
It will melt like this. 
I was wearing water-proof mascara and as you can see it completely removed my eye makeup!


You can use any cleaning foam to wash off your all makeup dirt! Your skin won't feel so dry after wash. 


Using coconut oil on your body! Simply mix coconut oil and brown sugar, then it becomes this amazing body scrub + body moisturiser. 


What y0u need! Coconut oil(3 table spoons), any empty container and brown sugar(3 tables spoons)

3 tables spoons of brown sugar 

Add 3 table spoons of coconut oil

Mix it until coconut oil melts! 

 This is the result you will get once you mix them together! 
I use this body scrub 2-3 times per week and this amount of coconut scrub usually lasts me 2 weeks. 

Your DIY coconut body scrub is now ready to use! Those brown sugar helps to remove your dead skins. 

The benefit of coconut oil is that it leaves your skin soft, smooth and moisturised even after wash off. 

Using coconut oil on your hair! Coconut oil can help encourage hair growth, reduce hair loss and restore protein loss in dry damaged hair. Oh yes! Coconut oil simply does amazing job for our hair! 

Just scoop generous amount out and apply on your hair. You can apply from your root to end but I like to apply on end of my hair since I have oily hair! 

I prefer apply the coconut oil on dry hair. Its just my own preference and it is totally up to you. 

You can leave it as long as you want but I usually leave it for 30-40 minutes. 

Warning! It can be very hard to wash off coconut oil with one wash. I recommend you to wash with shampoo at least 2 times. 

You don't need to spend lots of money to keep your skin and hair look good. Most importantly this doesn't consume you lots of time. It is very cost and time effective way to make your skin glow with soft hair! 


I really do hope you enjoy this DIY post and have wonderful weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment